Saturday, October 29, 2016

Do The Hard Thing!

Hey Friends!

Since we last spoke, things were kinda rough but they have gotten better! HUMDULLAH (thank God in Arabic). This weekend, I moved into my new accommodations with two other teachers and we are on the Corniche (basically, the water) and essentially, one side of the road is Sharjah and the other side is Dubai which is weird because Sharjah is super conservative whereas, Dubai is not. For example, I will get the side eye if I'm wearing anything above the knee and if my arms are out, but in Dubai, anything goes!

I have gone on a Desert Safari in Dubai which was really fun and I went to the top (not really, just floor 125) of the Burj Khalifa which was beautiful! Myself and other teachers find deals on Groupon and go together. I also went to a BBQ in Dubai. My roommate and I made potato salad, but we cooked the potatoes too long so they were mushy but people still ate it! I also attended a sorority meeting in Abu Dhabi and had yoga afterwards. It was the pick-me-up that I needed!



I have met so many cool people from Ireland, Egypt, South Africa, etc. I enjoy hearing people's perspectives on teaching and life in general. The big topic now is politics in America...SMH. I think that people see my pictures and think that I'm living the life. Not so much. There are hard days, just like in America. Days that I don't want to go to work and teach. Days that I don't feel good. Days that I don't understand this country. But I keep pushing because I know that I am growing. I read something one day: 'Do the hard thing.' That was so profound to me! Do what scares you. Do what makes you uncomfortable. Do 'that thing' in fear. You and I will grow through it!

Randoms:
I'm going to Egypt next month! I'm buying a scale to weigh myself and be accountable for my decisions. I actually stick to my meal plan during the week, but the weekend is a mess! Although I run everyday, I still feel fat...but all my clothes still fit. Maybe its mental. I miss the fair and my Funnel Cake and Hocus Pocus! I miss Whole Foods and Trader Joes and Life Time and leaves blowing off of trees and crunching when I step on them.

Thanks for reading!
:)

1 comment:

  1. I feel you I miss all those things, especially the fall scenery. I'm planning to go Egypt during Spring Break. Do you have Fire Stick? I watch Lifetime on there?

    ReplyDelete